Today at the press event during Nokia World at Abu Dhabi, Nokia unveiled its first ever Windows RT tablet. It’s called Lumia 2520 and runs Microsoft’s latest Windows 8.1 RT operating system. Like its Lumia smartphone range Nokia offers the tablet in array of colors and it’s built with unibody polycarbonate structure. Nokia also announced a kickstand like wraparound cover with keyboard, which has a battery underneath it and provides 5 hours of additional backup. So how does it stack up with Microsoft Surface 2? It’s thinner, lighter, has LTE built in, available in more colors and has one of the brightest displays available in the market. Plus, it will provide you nearly 16 hours battery life time(with the cover attached) opposed to Surface 2’s 8 hours.
- Runs on Snapdragon 800 SoC clocked at 2.2 GHz.
- 2Gb of RAM, 32 GB Storage with expandable memory capability.
- 10.1″ Full HD display with Gorilla Glass 2 and outstanding outdoor visibility.
- 6.7 MP rear camera with f 1.9 aperture and Carl Zeiss optics, 2MP front cam.
- Proprietary apps like Nokia Camera, Dragon Adventures, Video director, Here Maps etc.
- USB 3.0, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, LTE and other connectivity options.
Lumia 2520 will be available globally starting from Q4 2013. It will be launch through AT&T and Verizon in the states and priced at $499 without the cover. It’s available in Red, Cyan, Black and White.