Nokia Lumia 1020 with 41 Megapixel camera unveiledJuly 11, 2013
The wait is over. A new milestone has been achieved in the world of technology. The much awaited Nokia Lumia 1020 is now official. Nokia just announced the handset in a special device launch event held in NYC today. As expected it sports a huge 41 megapixel sensor. Which was unimaginable for a smartphone to have before MWC 2012. It’s the Nokia 808 Pureview with Windows phone 8? No, more than that!
Lumia 1020 packs the latest and greatest of imaging technologies. It sports the largest BSI optical sensor ever built for a smartphone. It captures a 38 mp and a 5 MP over sampled image altogether. “So you can zoom into the details to discover new stories”. Nokia also introduced a special app called Nokia pro camera that gives users full manual control over the camera. A true dream’s come true device for photography enthusiasts.
Notable specifications of the Lumia 1020
- Dual core 1.5 Ghz snapdragon S4 with Adreno 225 GPU
- 2 GB RAM, 32 GB of non expandable storage
- 4.5″ AMOLED 786P display with super sensitive touch, Puremotion HD+, Nokia ClearBlack & Gorilla glass 3
- 41 megapixel camera with Backside-Illuminated sensor and optical image stabilization, Xenon & LED flash
- 6 lens optics, Oversampling, lossless zoom, Carl Zeiss optics
- 1.2 megapixel wide angel front cam
- 2000 mAh Lithium ion battery
- 2 HAAC mics capable of stereo rich recording
Lumia 1020 takes itself to a new height that will remain a benchmark to smartphone makers for a long time. By releasing the phone Nokia has showed the World who is the real leader of smartphone imaging . Lumia 1020 will be an AT&T exclusive(as usual). The phone will go on sale from July 26th and our folks in the states can buy this phone for $299.99 on two year contact. And the people live outside the US, Nokia will start shipping the phone to you from Q3 2013 evidently at the price of $699.
The full list of specification scan be found here
Source: Nokia PR