*** Press Release ***
New Delhi, 18th September, 2013: Reaffirming its commitment to the smartphone category, Sony today announced its power packed smartphone, the Sony Xperia Z1, in India at Rs. 44,990. Touted as the best-looking Android phone by some reviewers, Sony Xperia Z1 packs the very best of Sony’s technologies, entertainment and wide range of companion products, with a unique and ground-breaking camera experience into one device. The Sony Xperia Z1 was launched by the brand ambassador and long-time Sony fan – Katrina Kaif, in the presence of Mr. Kenichiro Hibi, Managing Director, Sony India.
Sony Xperia Z1 key specifications:
- Sony’s “G Lens”: A lens with F2.0 and wide angle 27mm as well as 3x clear image zoom.
- BIONZ for mobile: Image processing engine with the algorithm from Sony’s leading digital compact cameras. It ensures pictures have less noise, fast auto-focus as well as high stable images for video shooting, preventing shots from being blurred.
- 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor with 20.7MP: high sensitivity sensor capturing huge amounts of detail for sharp, crisp images, even in low-light conditions.
- Dust resistant and waterproof (IP55 & IP58), with acclaimed OmniBalance design featuring durable tempered glass and solid one-piece aluminum frame
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™800 quad-core 2.2 Ghz processor, 3000 mAh battery
- Xperia Camera Applications such as Social live which broadcast to Facebook. More applications will be available to download from Sony Select.
- Memory: RAM 2 GB, Flash memory up to 16 GB, Expansion slot microSD™ card, up to 64 GB.
The latest addition to Sony’s premium Z series of products, the elegant, 5” Sony Xperia Z1 is a combination of the fully integrated Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPU. It also features Sony’s award-winning “G Lens” with a 27mm wide angle and bright F2.0 aperture, custom made large 1/2.3-type CMOS image sensor Exmor RS for mobile with 20.7MP and a BIONZ for mobile image processing engine. The combination of these technologies delivers the same level of quality and performance as a conventional compact digital camera in a slim, waterproof smartphone.
Furthermore, this beautifully designed android smartphone, Sony Xperia Z1 features Sony’s unique TRILUMINOS® Display for mobile, creates a wider palette of rich natural colors for an immersive viewing experience. It also includes X-Reality™ for Mobile – Sony’s intelligent super resolution technology which analyzes each image and optimizes the quality to deliver super sharp videos.
NFC compatible, Sony Xperia Z1 also includes all the features consumers have come to expect of a Sony smartphone. Its stunning looks combine Sony’s acclaimed OmniBalance design with premium materials and precision engineering in a slim, waterproof and dust resistant smartphone (IP55 & IP58). A solid one-piece aluminum frame with tempered glass on the front and back ensures beauty and durability as well as a consistent viewing experience from any angle.
With a ground-breaking camera experience, Sony Xperia Z1 includes an innovative set of Xperia Camera Applications that deliver new experiences includes:
- Social live: Broadcast precious moments live from Xperia Z1 to Facebook and get your friends’ comments right on your screen.
- Info-eye™: Innovative visual search function that provides related information on landmarks and on items such as books or wine simply by capturing them with the camera.
- Timeshift burst: Capture the perfect shot every time – Xperia Z1 takes 61 images in 2 seconds – a second before and after pressing the shutter – so you can scroll back and forth to find the perfect image.
- AR effect: Overlay a selection of fun, customizable animations to create pictures using Sony’s SmartAR™ augmented reality technology.
To elevate the camera experience, Sony also announced the launch of Cyber-shot™ DSC-QX100 and DSC-QX10 lens-style cameras. These lens-style cameras are a perfect partner for the new Xperia™ Z1 and other smartphones – transforming your mobile into a power-packed camera. The number of digital photographs shot on smartphones continues to increase, with these two new products the quality of these shots will dramatically increase. The DSC-QX100 and DSC-QX10 attach in a moment with the supplied smartphone attachment that fits several popular smartphone models (width 54-75mm/max. thickness 13mm). Connection to your phone is made via Wi-Fi and the latest version of Sony’s PlayMemories Mobile application. Linkage is even simpler for NFC smartphone owners, with easy one-touch connection made without any complicated settings. A Cyber-shot™ DSC-QX100 and DSC-QX10 lens-style camera has the creative power of a premium camera with the convenience of your smartphone.
The Sony Xperia Z1 comes in white, black and purple color. It will be available across Sony Center brand shops, National retail chain stores, multi-brand outlets and distributors across India from 18th September onwards.